What is online business in tourism?
- VisitKarelia Destination Destination Marketing Workshop with University of Eastern Finland - February 18, 2020
- Tourism Marketing and Management to start studying extraterrestrial tourists - April 1, 2019
- Overview of Quantitative Data Analysis Methods in SPSS - March 19, 2019
Online business in tourism, digital tourism business, e-business in tourism, e-tourism; call it what you will, it still has a huge impact on how tourism business is conducted. Most of tourism businesses and large part of marketing are now online. The internet is most often used medium to search for information about a holiday or destination. Skills and knowledge of online tools and channels are critical for the competitiveness of a tourism business or destination.
Director of our master’s degree programme in Tourism Marketing and Management, Juho Pesonen, has made his lectures on the topic freely available for anyone interested in the topic. The course was given for the students of Finnish University Network for Tourism Studies during Fall 2016. You can see the course content and access the lectures on YouTube through the course time table below. YouTube videos have links to SlideShare presentations if you want to take a closer look at them:
13.30-14.30 E-business in practice: what to do
– social media and content creation
16.00-16.45 Practical examples
9.00-10.15 E-business in practice: what to do
– analysing and managing online business
10.30-11.25 E-business in practice: what to do
– mobile devices
11.35-12.30 E-business in practice: what to do
– Search engine marketing
– Customer Relationship Management
– Marketing automation, artificial intelligence
15.30-16.00 Final conclusions
These lectures provide an overview of a wide topic of marketing and managing tourism business in digital environment. A more in-depth view of the topic can be achieved for example in our Master’s Degree Programme.